Project Update: Private I, Private Life


Working on this project as been the most rewarding and reflective experience I have ever had. I look at myself across time; I look at myself in time; long forgotten, presently otherwise occupied.
I have finished my first draft of the collection and now with a close eye I will look at them, again and again, over and over, better connecting them, making clear their messages and purpose. I stated in my proposal, “this project is about starting conversations through calling attention to the performance of identity” and I’ve seen it. In each video I perform myself, I share myself with you. Now that I have full drafts, I will continue looking at them working towards creating the space where they, me, these conversations will live and be shared. "The work is a fragment of substance, occupying a part of the space of books (in a library for example), the Text is a methodological field... ; the one is displayed, the other demonstrated...; the work can be seen, the text is a process of demonstration" (Roland Barthes 156-7).

Comments

Popular Posts