Over and Over



To be watched while listening to song. 

 Feels Like Summer by Childish Gambino (selected lyrics)

You can feel it in the streets
On a day like this, the heat
It feel like summer
I feel like summer
Every day gets hotter than the one before
Running out of water, it's about to go down
Go down
Air that kill the bees that we depend upon
Birds were made for singing, wakin' up to no sound
No sound
I know
Oh, my mind is still the same
I'm hoping that this world will change
But it just seems the same
I know
Oh, I hope we change

Barthes writes, "to compose, at least by propensity, is to give to do, not to give to hear but to give to write" (153). Once the artist makes something, what is made is more than the artist and it is able to be transformed by everyone who experiences that work. For me, the work and artist who I am always inspired by, and wanted to interpret was Childish Gambino's Feels Like Summer. With soft sounds, filled with nostalgia Gambino seduces his listeners to do. 

I listen to this song quite often so I wanted to work with it over and over. 


Comments

  1. I like how we are both in the same animation class and are incorporating what we learn into this class- good job

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts