A New Project: Private I, Private Life


I am creating a collection of five experimental video self-portraits, each between three and six minutes. Each video will provide a space to talk about the experiences I deem integral to my performance of identity. Through text, image, and audio, I further critique others and my own perception of self.  

In every video piece I have created, I use myself as a primary source, validating my own experiences as a way of communicating and validating others’ experiences. However, unlike my other projects I am the topic, and through my performance of identity I beg my audience to recognize their own performance and multiplicity of identity. This project is about starting conversations through calling attention to the performance of identity especially as someone who often is not represented in media, and literally taking up space as I and everyone else like me should. Here are some of my current visual inspirations: If Every Girl Had A Diary
Puce Moment

Comments

  1. Wow, this sounds very interesting. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts