Dolly Parton IS Lot.


Image result for dolly parton


Jean Baudrillard states, “Everywhere, in whatever political, biological, psychological, media domain, where the distinction between poles can no longer be maintained, one enters simulation, and hence into absolute manipulation -- not passivity, but the non-distinction of active and passive” (57-8). Born into a poor and large family in the Tennessee mountains, and becoming one of the most well-known singer-songwriter, Dolly Parton exists outside of the binary. The excessiveness of Dolly’s persona and her undeniable talent as an artist allows her to grow, using a capitalist system to draw consumer investment to the abject simulation that is her.

"I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb ... and also know that I'm not blonde." - Dolly Parton

"The only way I'd be caught without makeup is if my radio fell in the bathtub while I was taking a bath and electrocuted me and I was in between makeup at home. I hope my husband would slap a little lipstick on me before he took me to the morgue." - Dolly Parton

Look her up she's as famous as Elvis and Michael, and definitely cooler !!!








Comments

Popular Posts