My Lord and Saviour

As a child, my mother always told me the Lord God is my light and salvation. But for a long while, I  stopped believing so to say. It's hard to believe in someone or the idea of someone when you can't see or fully understand them. However, I've been reading the Bible recently and I realized that it's okay not to understand sometimes. As long as I trust and believe things WILL work out the way it's supposed to. 

"You do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, 'If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that. '" James 4: 14-15 


"So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is a sin." James 4: 17


Besides God who is my number one mentor, muse and mothafucking patron saint. I got some beautiful, black, female artist whose works I've been thinking about recently. In each of these series you are forced to question and critique, social and political systems. Then you begin to recognize the cycle in which these systems exist and grow for the good and the bad. 


We live our lives thinking we are in control, but we aren't. We follow a system that existed long before us, one that has become a natural part of our society's DNA. All we can do is trust and believe we are being the best us possible. 

Image result for jill freedman resurrection city 1968 Carrie Mae Weems, The Kitchen Table Series
Related image         Jill Freedman, Resurrection City, 1968

Comments

Popular Posts