Back At It Again

Last year I made very personal art, and it made me critique myself a lot more than I would have liked to. I thought a lot about the emotions I carry, and receive from the spaces I enter as well as from the information I consume whether that is from the media, reading or simply looking at a photo. After spending time taking photos of places around me, specifically houses and a nursing home which was under construction, I began to think about the notion of home and what that means to me. Which lead me to The Home Project . This project stemmed from the fact that though I have had multiple homes, I feel homeless. I wanted to re-define what home means to me as well as engage in conversation about what home means to others.

Over winter break  I went to my birth land, Jamaica, where I further thought about this notion of home. While there, I took a bunch of photos and videos that I'll hopefully be working with this term. I say hopefully because I'm kind of scared of what this creative process will feel like , but like Kyna Leski says, "Creativity, like a storm, cannot be controlled" (7). I just have to allow myself to be open to this fluid process. 


Besides all that, here is a fun video I made with a couple of the photos that accompanied it. Kiss Me, Buoy.


Tokyo, 2017

Twilight, 2017
 
Untitled 1, 2017
                         









Comments

Popular Posts