FInal Project: I Float

Cameraworks by Lawrence Weschler http://www.amazon.com/dp/0394537335/ref=cm_sw_r_pi_dp_B0Sqwb0547G51

“Ours is a brand-new world of allatonceness. ‘Time’ has ceased, “Space has vanished. We now live in a global village...a simultaneous happening...we had had to shift our stress of attention from action to reaction.” (McLuhan 63)

I was reading a book about David Hockney and his works, and in it I saw one of his composite polaroid and I fell in love. I can’t swim, I have a fear of drowning and of large bodies of water. Water has a mind of its own and that scares me. Man try to control it, but all they do is create problems. However, when I saw this picture all my natural fears about water became background noise. All I could think about was how sensual this person looked as they swam around the pool. With the water still, they forced themselves through it’s body. They travel from one place to another no questions asked.  And in those moments, time ceased for them.

As a result of those strong emotions experienced as I viewed this image, I would like to make a short experimental video, and a couple stills inspired by the feelings evoked from the photo @Project Finite


Comments

Popular Posts